I had a few pieces of rotisserie chicken left in my fridge from the night before. Didn’t know what to do with them so I came up with quick BAKED Chicken Leftovers, Spinach and Portabella Burgers (or patties, if you wish). It’s very easy, and it takes about 8-10 minutes to throw everything together. Baking time takes a tad longer.
Chicken Leftovers, Spinach and Portabella Burgers Recipe
- Chicken (or turkey) leftovers – chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lbs frozen spinach
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1 large Portabella – chopped
- 1 garlic glove
- black pepper – a pinch
- savory – a pinch
- salt to taste
- cumin – a pinch
- 2 Tbsp. potato flour (not starch) – for binding
- First, I pulled out the remaining chicken from the bones, and chopped it up into small pieces.
- Next, I added everything else and mixed by hand.
- At this point I lined a medium size baking pan with foil and turned the oven on to preheat to 450 F.
- I then formed these into 6 patties or burgers and baked them for 25 min. That was it.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Pics and notes below:
I realize that my chicken leftovers, spinach and portabella burgers came out a bit greener than I anticipated, but that’s because I didn’t have enough chicken. Feel free to use as much chicken as you wish in your recipe. Also, this recipe can be good with turkey leftovers after Thanksgiving, or with any meat leftovers, if you wish.
You can also omit the spinach and the portabella mushrooms and double the onion. This way your burgers will be more like the traditional recipe (at least by how they look) but with a stronger Eastern European and Mediterranean touch.
Enjoy, and let me know if you made any substitutions and how they came out.
- 3 Barriers That Stop You From Attaining the Dream Body You’ve Always Wanted - November 12, 2016
- 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Do Bodybuilding - November 6, 2016
- Why you can’t do even one pull-up and how to fix it - October 29, 2016
- Video: Why fat people are fat – THE TRUE REASON - October 11, 2016
- Video: How to eat what you want and never gain any fat - October 10, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – Hip Drive - September 27, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Push - September 26, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Pull - September 25, 2016
- Video: The 3 benchmark exercises for Relative Strength mastery - September 24, 2016
- Video: Man’s Life Mastery Blueprint – Living A Good Life - September 21, 2016