Summary:: This is a re-engineered version of a more common Pumpkin Custard Recipe. How is it re-engineered? For starters, there is no sugar added and the custard is made without the use of eggs. Truvia (erythritol + Reb-A) takes the place of sugar and gelatin replaces the eggs.
- 14 oz. can pureed pumpkin
- 14 oz.(1 1/2 cups) coconut milk
- 1/3 c (70 g) Truvia
- 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ground cloves)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 T (1 packet) gelatin powder (1 T agar for a vegan recipe.. See notes)
- 1/4 c hot warm water (to bloom the gelatin, but not used with agar)
- 1-2 squares 80+ percent extra dark chocolate
- Mix all ingredients (but the gelatin and water) in a small sauce pot. Keep wisking while heating. Right when it’s about to come to a simmer, remove it from the heat.
- While the pumpkin mixture is heating up in a cup or small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the warm water and stir to dissolve completely. Whisk the semi-solid gelatin mass into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour in small bowls or water glasses. Refrigerate.
- Grate extra dark chocolate on top just before serving.
In place of Truvia you may use any of the following:
- 1/3 cup of erythritol + 15 drops of liquid stevia extract
- 1/3 cup xylitol
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (with this choice the recipe won’t be low-carb and no-added-sugar)
- Make it VEGAN: Replace the gelatin with agar. Instead of blooming the agar like you’d do with the gelatin, mix the agar in with the pumpkin mixture and bring to a gentle boil. After that go on with the recipe just like you would if it were the gelatin recipe.
- Make it High-Protein: Add 60 g of vanilla-flavored whey protein 80+ percent (preferably unsweetened but sweetened will do just fine).
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe by by Ivan Nikolov.
- 3 Barriers That Stop You From Attaining the Dream Body You’ve Always Wanted - November 12, 2016
- 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Do Bodybuilding - November 6, 2016
- Why you can’t do even one pull-up and how to fix it - October 29, 2016
- Video: Why fat people are fat – THE TRUE REASON - October 11, 2016
- Video: How to eat what you want and never gain any fat - October 10, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – Hip Drive - September 27, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Push - September 26, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Pull - September 25, 2016
- Video: The 3 benchmark exercises for Relative Strength mastery - September 24, 2016
- Video: Man’s Life Mastery Blueprint – Living A Good Life - September 21, 2016