I was hinted about this work on Intermittent Fasting (IF) by Martin Berkhan over at Leangains.com. It’s a thorough systemic review of possibly all that we know about Intermittent fasting and how it works in animals and, to a lesser degree, in men (that’s understandable – lab animals live two years, humans quite a bit longer, so naturally it’s harder to study humans and it tends to take decades… provided you find enough subjects who would voluntarily choose to alternate hunger days with food days).
The review appears to be the thesis of a young, hard-working for the health cause MD – Bojan Kostevski. The review is published on his website Lift-heavy.com. I won’t comment on his work. I’ll just say that I highly recommend that you go to his website and read it. He mainly studies the most common (I suppose) Intermittent Fasting style – one day fasting followed by one day ad libitum or restricted eating (depending on the research papers he’s studied).
Bojan Kostevski’s thesis is structured in a way that discusses common conditions, metabolic and physical systems. So, if you are short on time (or patience) you can scroll to the parts that are of interest to you. But, again, finding the extra few minutes to read the entire thesis is better.
Once again, the website is Lift-heavy.com (this is a direct link to the the Intermittent Fasting review page).
- 3 Barriers That Stop You From Attaining the Dream Body You’ve Always Wanted - November 12, 2016
- 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Do Bodybuilding - November 6, 2016
- Why you can’t do even one pull-up and how to fix it - October 29, 2016
- Video: Why fat people are fat – THE TRUE REASON - October 11, 2016
- Video: How to eat what you want and never gain any fat - October 10, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – Hip Drive - September 27, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Push - September 26, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Pull - September 25, 2016
- Video: The 3 benchmark exercises for Relative Strength mastery - September 24, 2016
- Video: Man’s Life Mastery Blueprint – Living A Good Life - September 21, 2016