In this calisthenics abs video I demonstrate 18 great abs exercises performed on floor with no equipment needed – just your body.
Also, the abs exercises shown go in order of difficulty starting from more basic abs exercises in the beginning – for the novice – to more advanced exercises toward the end – for the advanced bodyweight training enthusiasts.
Basically, you don’t need any special preparation in order to try these exercises. But, if you are just now starting fresh start with the ab exercises in the beginning and try to master them in the order I show them in.
Some of the exercises are performed in reps and some are static (isometric). The ones that are performed in reps you may want to try and do 3 x 20-25 reps. And, the isometric ones – try to achieve a total of 20 sec hold time.
“A total” means if you can only do 5 seconds at a time you want to try to do 4 sets of 5 seconds each so you get to a total of 20 seconds. Eventually, with hard training you will be able to do 20 sec in one set easily.
One more thing. You don’t have to (and you shouldn’t really) try and do all 18 ab exercises in a single workout. Two to three will be plenty.
Here is a breakdown of the exercises in their order:
2. Ab leg extensions
3. Unsupported situps
4. Leg raises
5. Squat thrusts
7. Plant (static hold)
8. Side plank – both sides (static hold)
9. Extended plank (static hold)
10. V-sit (static hold)
11. Pike walk-out
12. L-sit (static hold)
13. L-sit swimmers
14. Lalanne push-ups
15. Dragon flag
16. Dragon flag swimmers
17. One-arm dragon flag
18. One-arm one-leg Lalanne push-ups (hardest)
- 3 Barriers That Stop You From Attaining the Dream Body You’ve Always Wanted - November 12, 2016
- 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Do Bodybuilding - November 6, 2016
- Why you can’t do even one pull-up and how to fix it - October 29, 2016
- Video: Why fat people are fat – THE TRUE REASON - October 11, 2016
- Video: How to eat what you want and never gain any fat - October 10, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – Hip Drive - September 27, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Push - September 26, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Pull - September 25, 2016
- Video: The 3 benchmark exercises for Relative Strength mastery - September 24, 2016
- Video: Man’s Life Mastery Blueprint – Living A Good Life - September 21, 2016