Man’s Life Mastery Blueprint [Part 2] – Core Values
The core values are the guiding system of a man. It is a set of principles that allow a man to make decisions and take actions that confidently move him in the direction of living a life of meaning .
The first guiding principle is Honor. Honor is inclusive of other important principles such as Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, and Respect. A man of honor is a man that has been bestowed the highest of esteem and respect. He is a man of integrity, honesty, and fairness. He is a man that other men deeply respect and look up to for guidance and inspiration.
Courage – as Jack Donovan puts it in The Way of Men, “Courage is the willingness to risk harm to ensure the success or survival of a group or another person”. Courage is the ability to not give up when it gets really tough. It is the strength of the mind in the face of adversity (also called Fortitude).
But courage is something else too. It is the capacity to meet the anxiety which arises as one moves more and more confidently in the direction of achieving true authenticity.
Authenticity is the ability to be yourself. Oscar Wilde said, “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
Authenticity is Freedom of expression – the ability and the courage to express your point of view when it goes against the socially accepted truths.
Authenticity is Non-conformity. It is the opposite of being consistent with social norms. It means not giving in to social pressure. Emerson said: “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.”
Authenticity is also the ability to show your vulnerability, to show your emotions. Not in a disempowering and pathetic way, but in a manly way. Jim Rohn said: “Let happy things make you happy; let sad things make you sad.” You don’t have to be tough all the time. Just be YOU all the time.
Humility is the ability to remain modest and humble no matter the vastness of your achievements and accomplishments. It is the ability to not ever forget where your journey began.
Humaneness is a virtue comprised of other powerful virtues. They are Generosity, Kindness, Empathy, Compassion, and Love. Humaneness is so powerful – it is the hallmark of a human being with a truly big heart.
The virtues Honor, Courage and Authenticity are balanced by the virtues of Humility and Humaneness. All together make for a remarkable human being.
Conservancy – the ability to live responsibly, to treat with utmost respect the resources that are available to you and to make a conscious effort to minimize the damage you will inflict on Mother Nature for the duration you are a guest on this planet.
- 3 Barriers That Stop You From Attaining the Dream Body You’ve Always Wanted - November 12, 2016
- 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Do Bodybuilding - November 6, 2016
- Why you can’t do even one pull-up and how to fix it - October 29, 2016
- Video: Why fat people are fat – THE TRUE REASON - October 11, 2016
- Video: How to eat what you want and never gain any fat - October 10, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – Hip Drive - September 27, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Push - September 26, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Pull - September 25, 2016
- Video: The 3 benchmark exercises for Relative Strength mastery - September 24, 2016
- Video: Man’s Life Mastery Blueprint – Living A Good Life - September 21, 2016