Man’s Life Mastery Blueprint [Part 3] – Mind Mastery
“Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think.” – Benjamin Disraeli
“Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” Joseph Addison
There is no successful person that I know of who hasn’t heavily invested in mastering his mind.
There are four components to Mind Mastery:
- Personal philosophy
- Emotional Intelligence
To master your mind you have to heavily invest in acquiring more knowledge. Knowledge is power. And successful men are powerful men.
How do you acquire knowledge? By reading, listening to recordings, meeting interesting people, having interesting conversations, going to seminars, keeping a journal of your life experiences.
Solitude means to go away for a while, to be alone, to be still. And, in your time alone, in your stillness – to contemplate, to look deep inside of you – to introspect, and to reflect on the past – to retrospect.
Knowledge feeds your mind. Heavy doses of knowledge, combined with deep contemplation is what will produce your Personal Philosophy. Your personal philosophy is like a guidance system all by itself. If you express an opinion that’s not based on your personal philosophy then you are using dogma. Dogma is perusing results of the thinking of other people, but not your own.
Emotional Intelligence is a set of abilities that are absolutely necessary if you are to achieve Life Mastery – if you are to live a good life. Here they are:
- The ability to delay gratification – the ability to resist temptation, for an immediate reward and instead wait for a much bigger reward later. Successful people work hard and reinvest the fruits of their labor so that they can enjoy true freedom later on. Unsuccessful people spend as much as they make and a bit more.
- The ability to control impulse is the ability to run what happens to you through your core value system before acting or reacting. Controlling impulse is how you delay gratification.
- The ability to persist against frustration – that’s your ability to preserve your integrity when faced with challenges and adversity, the ability not to fall apart, the ability resist a descend to a lower level of human existence.
- 3 Barriers That Stop You From Attaining the Dream Body You’ve Always Wanted - November 12, 2016
- 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Do Bodybuilding - November 6, 2016
- Why you can’t do even one pull-up and how to fix it - October 29, 2016
- Video: Why fat people are fat – THE TRUE REASON - October 11, 2016
- Video: How to eat what you want and never gain any fat - October 10, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – Hip Drive - September 27, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Push - September 26, 2016
- Video: Relative Strength – The Pull - September 25, 2016
- Video: The 3 benchmark exercises for Relative Strength mastery - September 24, 2016
- Video: Man’s Life Mastery Blueprint – Living A Good Life - September 21, 2016